About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Joining CAPPA
Today I officially joined CAPPA - Childbirth and Postpartum Professionals Association. I have been doing the required reading for certification as a childbirth educator. Now I need to observe a childbirth education class, newborn care class, and breastfeeding class; attend two births (ten hours total labor) and a certification workshop; complete and submit a pre-workshop study guide; teach a 15 minute childbirth topic assigned to me at the workshop; and pass an open book test on childbirth education topics.

Now I need to find two births to attend. I can attend the birth of a friend who lives close to me, however her last child was born on route to the hospital. I probably should line up three births since hers could be very quick - good for her!

I pray the certification process goes smoothly and I can find employment. I'm hoping to be able to teach one evening a week. We are way too busy for much more than that. There is a new hospital opening after the first of the year in this area, so hopefully opportunities will be available.

Labels:



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Dawn!! That is so exciting!!

Blogger Amber said...

Way to go girl! I can't wait to hear how the births you have lined up go!!

Post a Comment

Home