About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Moments in Motherhood
The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

As a mother of eight who hopes to one day become certified as a childbirth educator and/or birth doula, I am fascinated by pregnancy, birth, and motherhood. I have really enjoyed the Woman to Woman writing project that Morning Glory and Lei have started. For me, exploring my feelings and experiences through writing can be very enlightening, even cathartic.

One of the greatest things about blogging is meeting so many interesting women. Sometimes I am reaffirmed by like-minded bloggers, sometimes my eyes are opened by a fresh perspective. I am interested in starting a writing project and hearing what others have to say about different aspects of motherhood. If there is an interest, I will host this on the first Fridays of the month, starting next Friday, April 6. I'll put up a Mr. Linky; please link to your Moments in Motherhood post, rather than your blog itself.

Here is the first topic, for next Friday, April 6:
Was birth an empowering experience for you? Do you agree with the statement "you birth the way you live"? Did your birth experience(s) impact you in a long-term way?
I hope one or all of these questions set your mental wheels churning. Feel free to grab my button, or email me if you'd like the code for a button with link. Please spread the word! I'm excited to hear what you have to say.

[Here is the link to this week's post and Mr. Linky.]

Labels:



7 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Hmmm going to have to think on this, sounds very interesting. I will advertise it this week...

Blessings.

Count me in. Sounds like a great idea. I love the button! Sweet.

Blogger Carol said...

That's a really interesting question. Okay, I may have to do this.

Blogger someone else said...

I'll have to think about it too. My last birth experience was 31 years ago -- it's almost hard to remember.

Blogger Delete said...

I wanted to let you know that I mentioned this post on momsof grace.net where I am the moderator for the blogging chat forum.

Jenny

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a visitor to your site from Amber Ferrell's site. Amber is a great friend and church family. My son is Matthew that was posted on her blog last week. I love the idea of Moments in Motherhood. I am a first time mother and love learning from reading about others experience.

Beth Turner

Blogger Code Yellow Mom said...

Fabulous idea!!! You should check out Birthsongs if you haven't already discovered her - a mother of seven who is a childbirth educator and doula...one of my new favorite blogs. ;)

And since I am on the verge of birthing (he, he, he) I definitely have something to say on the matter...is it OK if I'm a little behind at this point?

Post a Comment

Home