About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

What NOT to do with an IKEA bookcase
Apparently, it is not a good idea to load an IKEA bookcase with the religion category of your personal library, or at least be certain to file the art category – with one of those oversized coffee table titles – beneath it, to catch the religion section when it falls.
See what a good shelf-catcher American Painting turned out to be?
Want to know what that stuff is inside the shelf? Cardboard. I kid you not. Am I going to replace this bookcase with the same one? Yep. I can’t get a bookcase this large and this attractive anywhere else for $100 (and I worked way too hard to get it in the first place). I’ll just be more careful next time. Or buy a few more oversized art books.
 Posted by Picasa


2 Comments:

We had an old Ikea desk combo. Like you said- cardboard. It did last a long time, but we didn't stress it a lot. :>) Amazing how things are made these days!

Blogger Gail said...

Soooo.... This is kind of a NEVER ENDING Ikea saga ...

What a bummer! I was so looking forward to an Ikea outing, but probably need to reconsider.

Post a Comment

Home