About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

something to blog about
You know that feeling when you are so excited about something that you just can't wait to blog about it? Then later you're telling someone about this exciting, bloggable event and you say, "Oh! It was so great that I wrote about it on my blog." Then you cringe and wait for the reaction. Is it just me, or do you sometimes feel that your non-blogging friends think that your blogging habit is odd, or worse yet, just plain weird? I think it is one of those things that you just don't get until you do it, providing you want to in the first place. There's some statistic about how many words a man uses during the day compared to how many words a woman uses; I think the joke is that women talk their husband's ears off at night because they're using up the rest of their words. Maybe habitual bloggers are just utilizing the rest of their daily quota (or sparing their spouses, whatever the case may be).

My oldest daughter was telling me the other day about something Miss Leigh said about our blog. "What? Who? Huh?" I stammered. You see, Miss Leigh is my neighbor across the street; my neighbor who (supposedl
y) didn't know about my blogging habit (I just love the way Code Yellow Mom's Calvin called it "her work" - that's a good boy). Well, I talked to Leigh today and she was excited to tell me that she has started her own blog this week! How cool is that? She wants to blog, too. Leigh has a 3-year-old, and 1-year-old twins, all girls. Feel free to stop by and say hello.

I was truly touched today to see that Melanie posted about my son's recent baptism. We've seen evidence of the Lord's spiritual quickening of him for some time; we were thrilled that he felt the desire to walk in gospel obedience by joining the church and being baptized. He is one precious boy, if I do say so myself.

Last, but not least, No Cool Story posted about socks that go missing today, complete with actual photo of her LSB (lost sock bag) and the question: What goes missing at your house? In an actual, unposed photograph (who would stage such a thing?) I am revealing my current singles sock collection. Scary, huh? What you see in the front is one complete pair of socks which were joyously reunited last night (but somehow failed to find their way to the appropriate child's sock drawer). Every few months, I take the current pile collection of single socks, sort them by sex (of wearer) and general size, and have all of the kids look to see if they claim any of them or have mates in their drawers. The leftovers get tossed. I'm thinking maybe it's about that time again... Since moving last summer, my husband has been unable to find one of his suits. When we can't find something, he and I say it's "with the suit."

Okay, maybe I'm not finished after all: check out Barb's delicious sounding holiday bread recipes, and Magi's holiday recipes, too. I'm wanting to try those Chocolate Candy Cherries; my grandmother always made them for Christmas Eve, and I'm excited to have a recipe now.

Have a blessed weekend!

Labels:



12 Comments:

Blogger Super Happy Girl said...

Millie and I were talking about this today: that we have our own bloggy world that non-bloggers just don't get. We actually have conversations about things other bloggers have written, have inside jokes with bloggy fiends, etc. We are just a couple of geeks :)
Besides, this is OUR work right?
That’s so cool your neighbors is starting hers, the more, the merrier.

WOW! that's a lot of socks =:O goodness, and here I thought we had a lot of mismatchers.

Blogger Dawn said...

It took me a long time to join in, but I am so glad I did. I'm always telling my husband somethinig that happened in blogville.

The lost sock picture made me LOL! Seriously, my daughter has a drawer that looks just like that. Drives me crazy! But where in the world do they go??!!

My extended family disapproves of me doing it bloggy style. Which is good, because then I can blog goofy stories about them.

Hey, we homeschool too, deep in the heart of Texas!

Blogger Super Happy Girl said...

BTW, I love your new avatar :)

I'm posting my own comment so other people can see my new pic that No Cool Story mentioned. I was looking for something to express my true essence (plus, I just get bored easily and like to change things).

Blogger Mimigrace08 said...

We have a missing sock basket. When ever it overflows we have a sock matching party to try and marry them off. Really, way too many unmarried socks around here.

Blogger Rachelle said...

Oh yes, I know what an idiot I sound like when I find myself saying "I wrote about it on my blog!" I do think others just think I'm weird... or most likely, obsessive. And I'm sure they think I don't have a life, either. Great post!

My mom thinks we bloggers have too much time on our hands. Like somehow being on the internet is different than watching HGTV.
Glad to share in your rejoicing about you son! :>)

Blogger Doris said...

I want a cute avatar. I wonder if a certain computer whiz just might tell me how one would do this?

:)

Blogger Karen said...

wow. Finally someone with a sock basket like mine! It truly is scary. I'm so glad you put the parenthesis around the fact that you sort your socks by sex (of the wearer) I had a few questions float around in my brain for those few short nano seconds! :)

Blogger Doris said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Doris said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

Home