About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

A Perfect Day for a Wedding
Yesterday my seven-year-old daughter and I attended three weddings. These were the only three weddings on our social calendar, and they all fell on the same day. The amazing thing is that we were able to attend all three. We left the house at 10:30 a.m.; when we left the third wedding it was 10 p.m. and we were 100 miles from home.

The first two couples are from church; even though we couldn't convince them that they really didn't want to get married the same day, they were kind enough to space them far enough that several of us attended both. Unfortunately, we had to leave before they cut the cake at the first wedding, so I made up for it by eating a piece of the bride's and the groom's cakes at the second wedding!

Katy and Chase are both homeschool graduates!

Ben planned a surprise honeymoon for Anna. At the reception, she still didn't know their destination, but I squeezed it out of him: Jamaica!

The third wedding was for Joanna and Brett. We've known Joanna for years, and she is also a homeschool graduate. Brett is in construction and built her a new home!


". . .Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God."
~ Ruth 1:16
Posted by Picasa

Labels:



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What sweet pictures! I still just can't believe you had 3 weddings in one day! What a coincidence!

Blogger Lori said...

Am I old if I look at them and say, "they seem so young?" (I mean that in a good way)

What beautiful couples, may they look back 50 years from now and have sweet memories.

Blogger Michelle said...

Awww, I just love weddings and this weekend had perfect weather for one!

Blogger Barb said...

What a crazy, wedding filled day. I swear, three in one day? I guess if it didn't kill you, it must have been the most fun you've had in ages.

I'm thinking the brides in the first and third photos are wearing almost the same dress. And I think Mandy tried the same dress on.

Here I am working on wedding invitations today. 'Tis obviously the season!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow three weddings in one day! The pictures are sweet and it sounds like you had fun.

Post a Comment

Home