About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Thirteen Ways I Am Blessed Beyond Measure
Thirteen Ways I Am Blessed Beyond Measure

1. The face above is what greets me each morning.
2. I have a daughter who invites me to tea parties and likes to sit and draw with me.
3. I have a son who asks me to go outside and play catch with him and doesn't say I throw like a girl (because I don't).
4. I have another son who is a fellow geek wannabe and likes to stay up late and discuss HTML, and other interesting stuff.
5. The Lord, in his infinite mercy, has entrusted us with 8 amazing children who enrich my life more than I could ever describe.
6. I have wonderful neighbors who look out for me and my kids. You can't say enough about good neighbors.
7. I have a husband who changes diapers, gives baths, puts the kids to bed, and can fix just about anything. Oh, and he looks at me like he did when he met me at 18 years old, after 22 years together and birthing 8 of his children.
8. I am blessed with a very special church family. The women are sisters in Christ, sisters of the heart, and my very best friends, supporters, and encouragers.
9. I have always had a close-knit family - parents, grandparents, sister, aunts, cousins - who love me, my husband, and my children. I have strong roots in the church and priceless family treasures, such as my great grandmother's hand-sewn quilts.
10. I live in the day of heating and air-conditioning, automobiles, refrigeration, washers and dryers, Krispy Kreme doughnuts, and cosmetics.
11. I am American by birth, and Southern by the grace of God.
12. I have a Lord and Savior who gave his life for me and loves me unconditionally. Because of this, I live a life of joy, purpose, with the hope of reuniting with my loved ones in heaven.
13. I have my own bathroom (well, I share it with my husband). This is something I truly appreciate!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
1. armywife
2.
Lil Duck Duck
3. Kimmy
4. Kailani
5. Raggedy
6. Carmen
7. barbara
8. gail
9. stacy
10. sherri
11. nancy
12. minthegap

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


Posted by Picasa

Labels:



12 Comments:

Blogger armywife said...

how do you have time to breath or blog with 8 children?? God really has blessed you!

i've also posted 13 at
http://blog.myspace.com/christengarland

Blogger Mama Duck said...

Awww, so cute!! Happy TT!!

Blogger Kimmy said...

You are truly blessed! Number 12 wins hands down... number 10... amen ;)
My 13 are up!

Blogger Raggedy said...

I just loved this list.
Well done.
It was so beautiful and touched my heart.
My TT is up

Blogger Carmen said...

A good church family is a wonderful blessing. I'm looking for one right now. :)

Blogger Lisa said...

HOLY COW! As ArmyWife commented - I am STUNNED that you have time to breathe much less blog with eight HOMESCHOOLED children. It sounds like you have a life you truly, truly love and that is the best of all things.

Congrats on your first TT! :)

Blogger Barbara said...

You are truly blessed!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved your list! 11 and 12 are so good too. I only have 4 children!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you truly are blessed, how wonderful to have 8 children and a loving husband. I envy you :)

Loved your T13, mine is up too...

Blogger Sherri said...

Amen to #12 and I wish to #13!

..my list is up:)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! Eight kids! And, you homeschool? Your my hero.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's great that you have 8 kids and you have a great relationship with them! Thanks for your testimony and what you've shared.

My TT is at http://www.minthegap.com/?p=565

Post a Comment

Home