About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Glazed Cinnamon Apples & My Kitchen of the Future
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I haven't posted a recipe in a while, but I just couldn't resist sharing what's now cooking in my Crock Pot. I got this recipe in an insert from a box of Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners. On a hunch I checked their website and found the recipe online, so I don't even have to type it!

Slow Cooker Glazed Cinnamon Apples










6 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut in eight wedges

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2
cup granulated sugar
1/2
cup packed light brown sugar
2
tablespoons flour
1 t
easpoon ground cinnamon
1/4
teaspoon ground nutmeg
6
tablespoons butter, melted
Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Sugar, oatmeal or ginger snap cookies (optional)

PLACE apples in slow cooker; drizzle with lemon juice.
MIX
granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Sprinkle mixture over apples; stirgently to coat apples. Drizzle with butter. Place lid on slow cooker.
COOK
on LOW for 3 hours OR on HIGH for 2 hours until apples are done.
CAREFULLY
remove lid to allow steam to escape. Spoon warm apple topping over ice cream; serve with cookies, if desired.
Number of Servings: 8-9

Let me tell you, this is some delicious stuff. We are having pork chops tonight, so I thought it would be good over them. I also think I'm going to run get some ice cream. It is amazing served hot over ice cream!

Now on to my second topic:

My Kitchen of the Future

Remember on the Jetsons how intelligently designed their home was? I know it was a cartoon, but it painted a picture of a future filled with technological advances that would assist in home management. This is my dream kitchen: I want all of my food items, including seasonings and spices, to be inventoried, and a "kitchen computer" of some sort which can generate all possible recipes from the ingredients on hand. At times I'm uninspired and can't think of what to cook, and at others I'll realize that the ingredients to a great dish, like the one posted above, are sitting in my kitchen just waiting for me pull them together into some dreamy concoction. What will your dream kitchen contain?


Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home