About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Christmas Tour of Homes, Y'all!

Welcome to my home as part of BooMama's Christmas Tour of Homes!

This is part of a Christmas village my in-laws gave us many years ago. I think this is where any similarity to the North Pole ends - we're expecting 68 degrees tomorrow!

This cute little count-down Santa has been part of the family for many years.
There's a daily race to see who will update him - today he's mine!


Here's the tree...

and the new ornament I got at my church sisters' ornament exchange/Christmas party!

The house smells like cinnamon because I've been baking snickerdoodles. Won't you try one?

We have a true Southern wreath, decked with magnolia blossoms. I saw a pricey one like this years ago at T.J. Maxx and decided to try it myself, which was one of my extremely rare forays into the world of crafts. Before we moved, the heat in our attic would bake the flowers every summer and I would make an annual trip to Hobby Lobby to replace them. I'm sure I could have bought that expensive wreath for what I've spent over the years replacing magnolia blossoms, but maybe the fancy ones would have baked, too.

My daughter picked up this quirky sunbathing Santa in his hammock this year. I think we'll have the weather for him!

Our nativity scene is nothing special in the worldly sense - certainly not very fancy; but I like its simplicity and not having to be afraid for the kids to play with it.

Following are more pictures of our Christmas village, which I am afraid for the kids to touch - not that it hasn't happened over the years. The elf who is supposed to be hanging a wreath on the side of the reindeer barn no longer has any arms, which means he isn't even holding the wreath anymore. It's in the box. Oh, well - I'd rather have eight kids than a perfect Christmas village (which is a really good thing since the village hasn't been perfect for a long time). There used to be little flocked trees that lit up, too, but I'm not sure what happened to them.



Be sure to visit BooMama for the Christmas tour!

Labels: , , , ,



32 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Oh, well - I'd rather have eight kids than a perfect Christmas village" is the quote of a lifetime. I love the magnolia wreath thanks for inviting us. merry christmas!

Blogger Karen said...

Your home is lovely. all those Sanats are so cute. Sure wish I could have one of those cookies! Merry Christmas. Thanks for the tour.

Blogger TheNormalMiddle said...

Really lovely and snickerdoodles? One of my favorite christmas treats.

God bless you this Christmas season!

Blogger Lori said...

Mommy everything is so lovely. That Santa looks like a Florida Santa =) And the Christmas Village is beautiful.

Thank you for the invitation. Merry Christmas.

Blogger Mama Duck said...

Yummy, snickerdoodles!! I really must go decorate now - all we've gotten decorated around here is the Christmas tree, yipes!

Your home is just lovely! I love the sunbathing Santa. Too cute. I wish I could have one of those snickerdoodles. Yummy! Thanks for the tour and have a very Merry Christmas!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved it! Snickerdoodles are my favorite!

Thanks for the fun tour!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed touring your home. We love snickerdoodles, too, and are enjoying warm temps where we are in Alabama. Love that magnolia wreath!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Christmas countdown Santa! Your nativity set is lovely, as is your little village!
Merry Christmas!
:)

Blogger Monica Wilkinson said...

Yes, it is 65 at our house today (also in the deep south)! Hard to feel like Christmas sometimes! Thank you for sharing your home! Merry Christmas!

Blogger owlhaven said...

great house!

Merry Christmas from another mother of eight


Mary

Blogger Stephanie Appleton said...

Snickerdoodles yum! I haven't made those in ages.

RE your comment at my place. . . I have to wrap the presents to keep the kids from snooping. Where do you hide presents for 8? I can't keep my four from finding them! I did have to put the gift bags to the back. The baby loved taking out the tissue paper. (think Kleenex box style!)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We must be in the same part of the South - it's supposed to be 72 degrees here tomorrow!

Everything's so pretty -- love that sun-bathing Santa. ;)

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for inviting us! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great Christmas village and a very lovely home.

Great Christmas village! And the cookies look so good. Thanks for the tour!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the warm and lovely welcome! How blessed you are to have 8 children!!!

Thank you for the beautiful tour of your home! You made me quite hungry with the cookies though!

Wishing you a blessed and Merry Christmas!

Blogger Pamela said...

Your home is lovely and the decorations are so cute! The snickerdoodle cookies were delicious! I love your white nativity...very pretty! Your daughter's cute little hanging out in the sun Santa would fit in perfect down here in Florida! lol Thanks for sharing and have a Merry Christmas!

Blogger Mississippi Girl said...

Everything is SO pretty! LOVE that magnolia wreath and the sweet little village! And snickerdoodles?? YUMM-Y!!
Jennifer R.

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

What beautiful Christmas decorations. Oh, I'd love to come over and have snickerdoodles at your house! Yummy!

Your count-down Santa is adorable. I love my count-down snowman. :)

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and see my 2006 Christmas Tour of Homes decorations! I do appreciate it!

Merry Christmas to you!

Blogger Susanne said...

Beautiful village. Your sunbathing Santa made me laugh. That's what he does starting December 26th I guess. :v)

Thanks for the tour!

Susanne~Living to tell the Story

Blogger Jenny Quld said...

That sun bathing Santa would be right at home at my home! LOL
You have a lovely home, thank you for inviting me over. Merry Christmas

those decorations are wonderful!!! and i would love to have a snickerdoodle - i have never had one before

Blogger ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

Thanks for the tour. I liked the little Santa in the hammock. That's where he goes on December 26th, right? Hee hee.

Merry Christmas.

Blogger Cheryl said...

Thanks for the visit. Your home looks lovely. I got a chuckle out of the Santa in the hammock. It was 70 here in Arkansas yesterday. Not necessarily our typical December weather. But I'll take it.

Merry Christmas!

Blogger Super Happy Girl said...

I love snickerdoodles! Everybody does I guess :)
Love your decorations. That Santa is hilarious.

Blogger Laura said...

Yummy cookies...and they weren't burnt like mine were which makes them extra special! Beautiful village set as well...thanks for letting me take a peek at your home! Laura (org junkie)

Blogger Kelli said...

Your Christmas village is darling and I love the countdown Santa!! Your cookies look yummy! Thank you for having us over and Merry Christmas!
Kelli

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your home!
I love the wreath with the magnolia blossoms! Crafty, indeed!
~Merry Christmas from Karen at www.firstbrookfive.typepad.com

Blogger Carol said...

Everything looks wonderful. Thank you for inviting us in! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the little church ornament. LOL @ the sunbathing Santa!! The little village is cute. And snickerdoodles! I haven't had or made those in ages. Thank you!

Blogger Carole Burant said...

Thank you so much for opening your home to us, I so enjoyed the tour!! Everything is so beautiful decorated and I love your village, missing elf arms and all! lol I've never had snickerdoodles...sigh! Your wreath is just gorgeous, first one I see with magnolia flowers in it!! Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!! xox

Post a Comment

Home