About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Soundtrack of My Life Meme
I thought this sounded like fun when I read about it at More Cowbell.

Instructions:
1. Open your library on your Zen or Ipod or other MP3 player
2. Put it on shuffle.
3. Press play.
4. For every question type the song that’s playing.
5. When you go to a new question press the next button
Here we go:

Opening Credits: You Pulled Me Out - The Greencards. I love these guys: oddly enough, a bluegrass band with two Australians and a Brit. Take it from me, there is some very hip bluegrass out there (and we all know SAHM-of-eight are the arbiters of hip).

Waking up: "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" - Elvis. Wrong time of day, but a classic song nonetheless.



Falling in love: "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" - The Platters. My dad would be so proud.



Fight song: "Deep as Your Pocket" - Tres Chicas

Break up song: "Talkin' About a Home" - Chris Isaak (ironically, the antithesis of a break-up song)

Making Up: "Recipe for Love" - Harry Connick, Jr.

Life's Okay: "Golden Ticket" - Adrienne Young

Mental Breakdown: "Adrift" - Barenaked Ladies

Driving: "Russian Christmas Overture" - John Fahey

Flashbacks: "Home" - Michael Buble



Happy Dance: "Maybe Baby" - Buddy Holly. OH MY WORD, would my daddy be proud!

Regret: "Fast Cars and Freedom" - Rascal Flatts

Final Battle: "Ghost in this House" - Alison Krauss. If I could have one wish - and I didn't have to use it on something like world peace or a year's worth of diapers - I would awake with the voice of Alison Krauss. Secondly, I would find out that tummy thermage is a 100% safe procedure and a brilliant dermatologist wanted to give it to me for free, because after eight kids I am surely the poster-child. This discussion, however, is beyond the scope of this post.



Death Scene: "Crazy Love" - Ray Charles with Van Morrison



Final Credits: "Can't You Hear Me Callin' "- Crooked Still. More hip bluegrass (not a contradiction in terms).

Labels: , ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love your soundtrack. It could have very well been my own. I love all of those artists.

Cool tunes. I have been listening to Ray's latest (well, they put together for him) and Michael Buble this week. I agree about Alison Krauss. And, if you go in for the tummy procedure, maybe we could be roommates. :>)

Blogger Super Happy Girl said...

This meme is so fun, because it let's everyone one a extra little thing, your music taste.
It's fun going around "ooh I love that" or “I’ve never heard that”. Now we have more in common than we thought.

Harry Connick, Jr and Ray Charles, love them

Post a Comment

Home