About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Call to prayer
There are some people who are really on my mind and I would like to solicit prayers on their behalf. You want to know the funny thing? I've never met any of these people, but then again, I've never met many of the people who comment on this blog and whose blogs I read. It just doesn't matter.

The first is a woman in my homeschool group. This evening I found out that a six-year-old girl in our group fell out of a three-story building. She was trying to repel out the window with bedsheets tied to her as she had seen in a TV movie. She fell, was injured, and later died and her funeral was on December 16th. Her mother is a single parent who also has an eight-year-old son and three-year-old daughter. I cannot imagine what this woman is experiencing. The mom's name is Susan and the little girl's name was Ariel.

The second is a friend of a friend. Her name is Muggs and she is a mother of five who was diagnosed about a month ago with a serious form a lung cancer which affects non-smokers; it is advanced. She survived Hodgkin's when she was a teenager. Because of the cancer experience she had years ago, they told her they cannot do radiation and they can't operate. She has begun chemo and she will have six treatments every three weeks, but they don't recommend additional chemo. Her family started a blog here where they post updates about her condition.

The third is Kelli, a wife and mother of two who is suffering from severe kidney failure in her one remaining kidney. Her need for a kidney transplant is seriously a life-or-death situation. Here is a summary which BooMama posted:
Kelli quit work several months ago because, honestly, work was no longer viable with her condition. Her family has their health insurance through her former employer, and that will run out at the end of this month. What I’d love for us to be able to do for her is to cover a portion of her COBRA payments so that she can be free from the worry of being cut off by her private insurance. We all know that sometimes when it rains, it pours - and on top of the COBRA pressure, Kelli’s facing some incredibly expensive post-transplant medicines, the adjustment to being a single-income family, and, more than anything, the realization that if COBRA doesn’t come through - and if she and her husband can’t show the ability to pay for part of the transplant on their own - she’ll no longer be a transplant candidate. Without a transplant, quite frankly, she will die.
Please visit BooMama on Tuesday to take part in the fund raiser she's organizing. I explained her situation to the kids on the way to church and they want to contribute, which touches me more than you can imagine. I'm always telling them not to throw away their money on gum and candy, so this is an opportunity for them to see that there are ways they can do good with it, no matter how little it may seem.

Please take a moment to pray for these three ladies and their families, and may the Lord bless you this week.

Labels:



6 Comments:

Blogger Crew Mom said...

You got it, girl...didn't you LOVE the sermon yesterday?? Its been on my mind constantly...Yes, let's help lift up these women's burdens...

Blogger Barb said...

All three of these remind me how insignificant any little problem I might have really is. The first and second requests break my heart.

The third one, for our friend Kelli, well....I feel such a sense of hope for her because of the wonderful idea Boo Mama came up with. I'm beyond excited about this.

Kelli's been in my prayers since I first met her many months ago. I'll add that poor woman who lost her daughter to such a senseless accident and the mother who is battling cancer, right away. Thank you for letting us know about them.

Blogger Randi said...

It is a blessing to find people who need prayer here in the blogosphere as well as in real life. I had heard about the lady whose daughter died in December--her story really touched my heart. My prayers have been lifted for her.

I can't wait to see what God is going to do with Kelli's campaign- for prayer and for money.

And I will be thinking about and praying for the other ladies you mentioned. Very sad.

Blogger boomama said...

Thanks so much for mentioning Kelli and what we're trying to do for her...I appreciate it more than you know! And ALL of these needs you've mentioned are so great - I'm saying prayers right now.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please contact me about how to give to help the woman needing the transplant. I had a kidney/pancreas transplant in Aug. 2005 and am doing great. I'm in SC and have set up Google alerts to send me any type articles, blogs, etc about transplant fundraisers. There is help out there. For example the churches in the city where I had my transplant had established homes where people who had to stay in the area for at least 3 weeks (like transplant patients & their families) could stay for free. Thank you. My email is abdunslaz@earthlink.net
Allison

Post a Comment

Home