About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Let's Get Real Wednesday, er, I mean Monday
*Revised* - I forgot to add my blue eyeshadow picture!

I thought Randi's Let's Get Real Monday looked like a lot of fun, but I completely missed Monday. Here's the theme:
This week's Let's Get Real Monday theme is "The Outfit"! I know you have one! It is the one that you LOVE and everyone else hates. Or it may be the one that you previously loved and now you cringe at the thought of ever wearing it.
Randi posted lots of old pictures with clothing styles from different decades. I went in my basement looking for old pictures. I really need to organize them; my kids would love going through them. What I found was an old cheerleading picture from 9th grade, 1981. This definitely epitomizes "the outfit" for me during the early 80s. I was on drill team in 8th and 11th grades and cheerleading in 9th and 12th grades. With all those football and basketball games, I spent a lot of time in those uniforms.



Here are classic 80s pearls and lots of blue eyeshadow. This picture is 20 years old. I look like such a baby! I think this was from an overnight trip we took to the Queen Wilhelmina State Park Lodge. We were having a great time, but our family heard that it was going to snow, got scared, and called us to hurry home. Bummer! This was early married days; our oldest son was about 7 months old. I really loved the little Subaru we drove. It was sporty, with a sunroof--a far cry from the 15-passenger van I drive today!

Labels: ,



10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great outfit to post. I love the feathered hair, too! It's SO 1981! XO, Jill

Blogger Amber said...

LOVE that outfit. And that picture is so great of you. So funny!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you are so cute! I love this picture! We must be very close in age, I graduated in 1984. I'm the big 4-0!!!

Blogger Trina said...

Go Dawn! It looks just like you now just with lighter hair. It is so funny to see pictures of the women I know now when they were younger-I love it. I want to see more!

Blogger Barb said...

How cute you are. Did you ever in your wildest dreams thing, back then, that you'd be where you are today? Perfect photo for the theme.

Blogger Barb said...

I had to come back and see the blue eye shadow. Actually, it looks nice. Love the pearls, too.
:-)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics! Great pics!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the blue eye shadow! It is so fun to look at ourselves in the past, isn't it?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute!!! I wish my scanner was working. I've got some great late 80's hair pictures. High and perfectly round, lol.

Blogger Super Happy Girl said...

Cool! Those are super cute pcitures! The eye shadow is a classic :D

Post a Comment

Home