About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Our Patio Garden
Our family loves tomatoes in the summer, however, we buy them at produce stands to get the home-grown ones. This summer, I decided to try to grow our own. I don't consider myself to have much of a green thumb, so I'm just hoping to keep them alive. For people who are accustomed to growing large gardens, ours won't look like much, but for us, this is very exciting!

We have "regular tomatoes" on the left, bell peppers in the middle, and cherry tomatoes on the right. The little bell peppers are so cute! I picked the two large tomatoes in the picture at the end of last week, but they've been sitting on the kitchen window sill all weekend. My neighbor is growing tomatoes and said her first one wasn't good. I have been putting off trying ours for fear that they wouldn't be good and we'd just be disappointed. We tried one at lunch today and it was great! Christian said it tasted like "Poppy's sweet potatoes with sour cream and bacon bits." I'm still trying to figure out what that's supposed to mean; I think he just considers his Poppy's baked sweet potatoes to be amazing, so this comparison is a compliment to our tomato! Posted by Picasa

Labels:



1 Comments:

Blogger Trina said...

Neat! I wish I had a place to grow something!

Post a Comment

Home