About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

2,996: A Tribute to the Victims of 9/11
I think most of us will always remember where we were when we heard about the 9/11 terrorist attacks. I had a 5-day-old baby. I was barely home from the hospital, sleep-deprived, and in my pajamas when Christian, then 6, came upstairs to tell me about the first tower being hit. I went downstairs and watched, with the rest of the country, in horror. I took my tired, sore body back to bed, but every time I would get settled, Christian came to tell me of another unbelievable event: the second tower was hit; the first tower was no longer visible; they were both gone - it just kept coming. Sleep was no longer possible. Although the day's events had a surreal quality, they were frighteningly real.

As the days went by and the stories poured in, I held my baby tighter as I learned of each woman who would deliver her child without her husband by her side. I thanked God that my family was intact and not directly touched by these events, although my cousin was in New York City for a business meeting at the World Trade Center later that day.

I signed up for 2,996: A Tribute to the Victims of 9/11 after reading about it on Shannon's blog at Rocks in My Dryer. Currently 2754 (91.9%) of the victims have been assigned to honor. Consider joining me on September 11, to pay tribute to a victim of the attacks.

Here is a summary of this web event:

2,996 is a tribute to the victims of 9/11.

On September 11, 2006, 2,996 volunteer bloggers
will join together for a tribute to the victims of 9/11.
Each person will pay tribute to a single victim.

We will honor them by remembering their lives,
and not by remembering their murderers.

If you're interested in participating, find out details here.




1 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

I'll try and make it back to read your tribute.

Your six year old was very astute.

Post a Comment

Home