About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

My Grandmother
My grandmother passed away this morning. I am so thankful we went to see her on Tuesday. There will be a visitation here on Monday evening, then she will be flown 750 miles away to our home state on Tuesday, where her funeral will be held Wednesday afternoon. I am strongly considering hitching a ride with my dad or aunt and cousin, taking Lily, and making the trip for the funeral. The other kids will stay here; between Bryan, Keith (dear friend who volunteered to help, but doesn't know I may take him up on it), and our retired neighbors, things should run pretty smoothly in my absence. I think. It seems that when a really big situation like this occurs, kids tend to "rise above themselves" and I could even come home to a house in better condition than when I left. Or not. Either way, I think I'm going. I'm not sure if I'll have much chance to check my email and my bloglines this week. Hopefully I'll be able to before leaving.

Please say a little prayer for my six-year-old. She has a purple Puffalump, Kitty Cat, which was a present on her second birthday. She is extremely attached to Kitty Cat (actually this is Pretty Kitty, Kitty Cat's "sister," but that's another story), and we've been unable to find her for about five days. Tonight she finally started crying at bedtime, which is when she really wants Kitty. I'm thinking Grandmother's passing made it worse. It's really not going to help if I leave town and we still can't find it.

Blessings to all.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry about your grandmother Dawn. Hope you can make the trip.
My father's mother died when I was very young, so I really never knew her. My other beloved grandmother passed when I was a teenager. I took her death so hard.

We had a death in our family Thursday night as well. My step daughter Kim lost her mom. They were not close but it's still difficult. She was closer to her grandmother who died only three weeks prior to the death of her mom.

I'll be thinking of pretty kitty.

Btw, here's a post I wrote to my grandmother.
http://ben-gal.tripod.com/index.blog?entry_id=1289754

Blogger Amy Witt said...

I am praying for your family during this time. The loss of a loved one, even when we know they are in heaven, is not easy. May the Comforter bring you peace.

Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.
I was just going on my two week blog break, family vacation, and I am back in blogging action again.
I am sad to read such sorrowful news on my first visit to your place. I was very close to my dear Gramillo when she died fourteen years ago. It still brings a tear to my eye. I hope you were able to work things out and attend the funeral.
I hope your little one found the missing stuffed animal. Those things are very traumatic and important to little ones.
My kids are teenagers now and have other things of importance in their lives such as music instruments and computers and video games.
I will have a new post up on Wed, Aug. 16th.
I hope this comment finds you doing well.

Post a Comment

Home