About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Itza Pizza Meme!




















I was tagged by Brenda, was tagged by Kelli, for this meme adapted by Code Yellow Mom from a game she saw on a pizza box.

What was your favorite thing about being a kid?
My family was really close, both emotionally and geographically. My father and maternal grandfather were in business together and my mother did the bookkeeping. The business was on my grandparents' property, so I went to my grandparents' house after school and my parents were there, too. My great-aunts lived across the street.

My paternal grandfather helped my dad coach my softball team, and we were always around them, too.

I was really close to my first cousin, who was like the brother I never had, and I hate that I don't get to see him often now. I am really close to my other first cousin who was only eight years old when I left for college!

What was your favorite subject in school?
I liked anything literature-oriented, and biology/physiology. I also took a lot of history in college. My major was in Russian, and I love Russian literature (à la Dostoevsky, not that %&#$ Soviet stuff).

Who was your best friend when you were 10?
Laura Davenport. I met her in first grade and we were in the same class every year of elementary school. We never had another class together in jr. and sr. high school, and were never as close.

If you could be any animal what would you be?
As a child, I was fascinated by the lynx. As an adult, I'm probably more of a marsupial-type, like a koala or a kangaroo. I'm very attached to my babies and like the idea of toting them around in a pouch with me.

What would you change about your school, occupation, life right now?
I would take some classes: Photoshop, web design, and maybe a cooking class. I would love to make some money from home designing blog templates; it's a work in progress, but so am I. I wish I didn't require sleep because there don't seem to be enough hours in the day to get around to all the projects I want to tackle.

What's your favorite color?
I inherited a love of pastels from my mother and grandmother. I also like apple green (both color and flavor!) and periwinkle blue.

What's your favorite type of crust and favorite topping on a pizza?
I like thick crust and lots of cheese. I loved Godfather's Pizza as a child, but haven't had one in years (they aren't local). Stuffed crust is heavenly. As for toppings: mushrooms, diced tomatoes, pepperoni, spinach. I had a great Hawaiian barbecue chicken pizza last week from Papa John's - love that garlic sauce! The more garlic, the merrier!

I'm tagging:
Melissa @ Silly Pizza
Amber @ Luvinmygirls
Melanie@ This Ain't New York
You're it!


2 Comments:

Thanks for the tag! This will be fun.

Blogger Brenda said...

How awesome that you grew up so close to your family. I remember Godfather's Pizza, though I've only been there once or twice. My youth group hung out at Pizza Planet, and there was a Mr. Gatty's across the street from the restaurant where I worked.

Thanks for playing along!

Post a Comment

Home