About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Fall Into Reading: Wrap-Up
Okay, I confess that I posted about Katrina's Fall Into Reading Challenge, but never posted an actual challenge for myself. Basically, my reading goals for the fall didn't sound too fun, interesting, inspiring, or like books anyone would want to take note of for their reading lists (like everyone else's). What I did read, however was exactly what I set out to (although maybe not as quickly as I'd intended). This is a period of my life where rather than a serious reader, I need to be a serious reader (clear as mud, huh?). Here is it:


Macromedia Dreamweaver 8: Training from the Source
I am working on a website for a friend who makes beautiful girls' hairbows, and this is the tool I need to make it happen. It took me forever to complete (lots of kids are fabulous, but not conducive to this kind of reading); sort of like taking a college course in the privacy of my home. It felt like I was chiseling new tunnels in my brain, only slightly less painful.



Adobe Photoshop CS2 Classroom in a Book
This is my current read; I have completed 7 out of 13 chapters. This is my tool for a lovely homepage for that bow site. I learned firsthand that you will not be the life of the party if you talk Photoshop. I was told that my friends' comments meant: "Please change topics - we have nothing to contribute to this discussion." What it sounded like is: "You have become so boring!"

These are books that you read with book in one hand, mouse in the other, while working on elaborate web and design projects. Maybe I can turn this post into an inspiration after all: don't be afraid to seek the information and learn what you need to know to do the things you want to do. You may not have to time or money to go back to school, but there's a lot you can do on your own. I'm hoping to have a lovely, functional site to show for my fall reading efforts!

Go to Katrina's Finish Line post to read about what others have been reading this fall.

Labels: , , ,



8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you ever want to talk Photoshop just give me a shout!

Blogger Super Happy Girl said...

Ah, look at you! you are going to be the Queen of Techonlogy around these here blogs.

Good for you :)

Blogger Dawn said...

Oh, it makes my brain hurt to even thinking of it!! I don't know how you get anything like this done with all those wonderful kids, and being their teacher to boot! You must be Superwoman!!

Thanks for stopping by my purple shoes story - did you catch our blizzard??

Have a wonderful Christmas! Come back any time.

Blogger Barb said...

Your choice in reading material certainly doesn't surprise me. At all.

Have a wonderful Christmas. And please give us the link when you get that web design finished. I can't wait to see it.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! They sound technical! Kudos to you for taking them on!

Blogger Much Ado said...

I wish I had the discipline to read the adobe one, it would be so helpful and in the long run would save me a lot of time doing so much "trial by error"!!! Love your blog design!

I am impressed. I keep telling myself I'm going to learn all about web design, graphic design, etc... but it hasn't happened yet!

One of my goals in 2006 was to teach myself Photoshop. I admit that I have come a LONG way, but still have lots to learn. Around September or October I decided I wanted to learn Dreamweaver and almost signed up for a class a community college, but didn't. I'll have to check out the Macromedia book.

Post a Comment

Home