About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

From the mouths of babes
My observant and painfully honest three-year-old daughter sat behind me this morning while I was fixing my hair. At one point she said, "Mommy, your bottom is bigger."

Foolishly and with trepidation I said, "Bigger than what?"

"Bigger."

"Bigger than what?" [Did I ever mention that I'm a glutton for punishment?]

"Bigger."

I finally realized that I wasn't going to get a "bigger than a breadbox" kind of answer; what she was trying to say was "bigger than the last time I noticed."

It goes without saying that parenting isn't for cowards. Let me assure you that it isn't for those with much need of ego stroking, either.

Labels: ,



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute! I love how kids tell what they are thinking (unless they are telling a stranger in the grocery store - then it is embarassing)!

Blogger Crew Mom said...

So funny!!!! But I must tell her she is mistaken...you've been doing all your exercising...maybe what she meant was that is was HIGHER!!!!! hee hee couldn't resist---funny coming form big ole me!!

Blogger Amber said...

Sounds like another 3 year old that I know...hmmmmmm.

Blogger Super Happy Girl said...

Bwahaha! Hilarious.
Nope parenting ain't for wimps.

gotta love the honesty!!

Blogger Lori said...

Sigh...honest it will save ya or kill ya =) My sister and I use always tell my Dad he needed to lose weight, he use to tease "it is a good thing I dont have a self image problem." HA!

Post a Comment

Home