About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Why I Blog
MomRN2 at My Quiet Corner is asking a series of questions for feedback this week during the blog party. Here are her latest questions and my answers:
How do you define blogging? If you were to describe it to another person, what is it for you personally? Do you have specific goals or a purpose with your blogging? If so, would you mind sharing?
First, blogging is my personal journal, a memory-keeper for myself and my family. My mother passed away three years ago this month. After she was gone, I searched everywhere for cards, recipes, anything she had written. She would have been an amazing blogger! I like the idea of leaving something like this for my kids.

Second, I love the community of bloggers and the friends I've made. That was a totally unexpected perk of blogging, something I didn't understand about it before I started.

Third, I loved writing in school; it's something I miss. I find deep satisfaction in expressing my thoughts in writing.

Fourth, I feel like I'm keeping in touch with friends and family. I've discovered that friends that I didn't even know were aware of the blog's existence read it, if only occasionally.

What does blogging mean to you? Are there any of you who don't blog but enjoy reading blogs?

Labels:



3 Comments:

Blogger Donnetta said...

Hey thanks for the link! I thought maybe you were half kidding when you mentioned you were going to do this as a post.:-)

I didn't intend for my series of questions to happen the same week as the blog party... it just so happens it is, but I couldn't have timed it better I guess!

Thanks for answering and be sure to stay tuned. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the next one coming soon!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came by via the "Party" to say "Hello". I asked the same question on my blog a few days ago. You can check out my post if you're interested?!
Blessings for a wonderful day.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also come here via the "Party" and just wanted to say hi! :-)

All of the things listed are great reasons to blog [I'm so sorry about your mom.]

I totally understand though as I'd love to have something [anything] that mine had written.

Have a wonderful day!

Love,

Jennelle

Post a Comment

Home