About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

The Ultimate Blog Party Begins!

The Ultimate Blog Party begins today, hosted by 5 Minutes for Mom. What is a blog party, you ask? It's a great opportunity to meet other bloggers and win prizes! I am a prize host, #10 on the American-only list. I'm giving away Norton Antivirus 2007, so if you're feeling less than secure head over to the prize page and choose it. Check here to find out how to improve your chances of getting the prize you want.

Welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere. I'm a SAHM of eight kids, with a love for blogging, creating things on my computer, hanging out with the best church family ever, and watching whatever my kids are doing at the time. Soccer moms get their own title, but we're not into soccer, so I guess I'm a baseball/basketball/chorus sort of mom.

I just got this great idea from the Preacher's Wife: to encourage de-lurking, I'll offer a prize from a random drawing from comments left this week. I would tell you what the prize is, but that would imply that I'd had time to put some heavy thought into it, which unfortunately isn't the case... I promise, "whatever it is, it's a nice one!"

UPDATE: I HAVE A PRIZE!

Last weekend I bought the New York City Ballet Complete Workout, which enables me to be beaten up one side and down the other--all in the privacy of my own home!--by the world-renowned NYC Ballet. In the midst of yesterday's fiasco workout, I almost decided that those videos would be a perfect prize. On second thought, I've decided I should stick with it for more than a week before giving it away, so here is the actual prize, selected by my 10-year-old daughter:

This is a recipe organizer with 100 journal pages and 4 divider tabs, perfect for saving and organizing your favorite recipes. I don't know about you, but I've found some fabulous recipes on blogs.

Here are a few of my favorite and/or most-read posts:

The Greatest Job in the World

Moments in motherhood

Modesty Doesn't Become Him
Hubby Dearest, that is

Introducing Aunt Mayme
A tribute to a very special relative

Basic Truths About 24's Jack Bauer
This is copied--not something I wrote--but I could read it all day long and laugh every time.

Strikethrough Text in Blogger
This one gets lots of hits, so I guess it's kind of a blogger public service announcement.

Labels: ,



47 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

8 Kids!! You're my hero! Nice to meet you :-)

Wow....I'm from a family of 8 kids...6 boys and 2 girls. Kudos to you - I don't know how you do it. We were so far apart in age that it made it muuuuuch easier for my mom. Nice to meet you! I'll be back to read more -- I like your style.

Blogger Lori said...

I always love stopping by here. Loved reading more about you. Blessings.

Blogger Diane Viere said...

So nice to meet you; thank you for the warm welcome.

8 children? Have you met another blogging mom, Barbara Curtis from Mommy Life? Mary (Mom to many) at http://owlhaven.wordpress.com/?

I mention these two fabulous ladies, moms and bloggers just in case you haven't run across them. I think Barbara has 12 children and Mary (has many) and is involved in Ethiopian adoptions. Just an FYI.

Have a fun party week...stop by when you get the chance.

Diane

Blogger Amber said...

Not a lurker, but I wanted to tell you that I LOVE your new look!! You go girl!!

Blogger Crystal said...

8 children... what a blessing! Your home must be full of love and joy. :)

Great party, nice to "meet" you. :)

Blogger Crystal said...

Oh yeah, I meant to say your blog is so eye-catching! I love the design.

Blogger jodifur said...

I'm party hopping via the blog party!

Blogger Donnetta said...

Now isn't that a clever little way to get people to "delurk"... a drawing! Now why didn't I think of that!?! ;-)

I enjoy stopping by your place even when there isn't an official party! :-)

Blogger Super Happy Girl said...

I LOVE your new design!
Have fun partying!

Hi!

Love your new look. Did you get all dolled up for the party?

What a hostess! :>)

Blogger Tonya said...

Hi! I was party hopping and I think that is awesome you have 8 kids. I grew up in a family of 10...me being the 2nd oldest and only girl :)

Blogger Katie said...

Hello, great party! I've had a good time checking out your blog!

Blogger Tammy and Parker said...

EIGHT kids? Wow! You are a better woman than I am.......I only have 6! ;)


Great party!

Blogger Brenda said...

Hey! You really spiffed up the place. Love the new look!

Blogger  My Trendy Tykes said...

Your blog looks great!

Linda

Blogger Sonya said...

I read your blog regularly and I'm happy to meet you and learn more about how you manage 8 children! So far we only have 2 but we pray the Lord will give us more!

Nice to meet ya'!

Blogger MamaKBear said...

Hooooo boy! I'm a SAHM to 2 little girls (4 and 22.5 months)...I can't imagine staying home with EIGHT! Like others have already said, I don't know how you do it!

I found my way here thru the Blog Party...Hiya from Oklahoma! :) Nice to meet you, and I hope you'll stop by my place also.

Let's party!

Dropping in on your party from Romania. I'll try to stop in again.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure if I have aready been here yet or not, seems I have been everywhere, lol. Either way, it is very nice to meet you. There is a contest at my blog so please stop by and enter.

Blogger Laura said...

LOVE your blog design. Very nice and wow 8 kids!!! I'll definitely be back :)

Laura

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute blog! I hope you don't mind if I come back when I have more time! I would love to look around.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm mingling at the blog party. :-) You have a lovely site. I love the colors and header.

Angie
http://www.xanga.com/macj_mom

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wanted LOTS of brothers and sisters...8 children! How neat!!! I know that I couldn't do it, but admire those who can... :)

Enjoy the party!!!

Heather

Blogger Lissete said...

Visiting for the party. So nice to meet you! I love your blog design!

Blogger Barb said...

With eight kids, I can't imagine why you haven't found time to put your prize together, Dawn. LOL

It blows me away that you have eight kids and still find time to blog and do it so well at that. I have one grandchild a few days a week and one shih tzu and I'm challenged.

You're an inspiration!

Blogger Barb said...

PS...I love your new look. So fresh looking and spring-like, too.

Blogger Monkey Giggles said...

Swinging in for the Ultimate Blog Party!!! Nice meeting ya. I like your blog design.

Happy party week!

PARTY ON!!!

My first party favor give-away has begun. Come over when you get a chance.

Blogger Melissa Mae said...

hello friend! i love, LOVE your new look!!!!

Hi!
I really love the looks of your blog.
Please feel free to come by my place anytime!
http://circleoflifeblog.blogspot.com

Blogger CG said...

Your blog is so cute! I've got some recipes at my party as well. http://bonbonboutique.blogspot.com.Come on over.

Blogger Michelle said...

Your layout is so cute! My first thought was 8 kids! Where do you find the time! Kudos to you!

Blogger Susan said...

I love your blog!! We have four boys...and LOVE it!! I would have had more and more, but it was time for us to stop. I've enjoyed my visit and hope you'll stop by my party as well. Isn't it great to be able to share your love for Jesus with other bloggers??? It's my favorite thing about blogging.

Blessings to you all.

:-) Susan

Blogger Julie said...

Loved your blog. Happy partying!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi nice to meet you

Blogger Cheri said...

Yes, yes, I'm late again, but stopping in. I bookmarked your party post earlier on bloglines, but life got in the way this weekend..

I love your new blog look (I missed the update with bloglines and all...)

Have a great party - and stop by mine if you get a chance!

Blogger Irene said...

Hello,
Lovely cheerful design.
Many Blessings to your "Church at home"..

Blogger Doris said...

Oh, I love love LOVE your new site design! WOW

Blogger Unknown said...

8 kids, wow, I am tired with two grown boys and one 16 year old girl! Beautiful blog you have here.

Blogger Elena LaVictoire said...

I have heard of that workout before but never tried it. I use to be a dancer before I had kids! Maybe I should look for it? Love your template. Have a great week. Party on!

Blogger Phara said...

Just reading that you have 8 kids gave me a workout.

Blogger Aisling said...

Just dropping by on the party circuit. I only have two children and they are enough for me. But I admire moms who have more. Many blessings.

Blogger Bookmom said...

Just popping by for the party! I'd love to be able to increase to eight. Maybe some of the older ones will like the "festive" video of exploding bubbles at my party post! It's at womanwithmanyhats.com, not at my Blogger one.

Just stopping by for the party. I myself am the oldest of 10. I will have to stop by again after the party!

EIGHT!?!?!?! HOW ON EARTH can you parent EIGHT children and still find time to make it to your computer!??!?! I am in SHOCK!

You are a STRONGER - WAY STRONGER - woman than I am! Good grief - I can barely get - no change that - I don't get everything done and I only have one!!!

You blog is so pretty - just love it! so glad you partied !:)

Blogger Brandie said...

Hello! so nice to meet you =) Your blog is so fun looking! I'm sure I'll be back again soon =)

Blogger Alida Sharp said...

just stopping by from the big party link! your blog looks great!

Post a Comment

Home