About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Schooling the Drama Queen
I've mentioned before what a drama queen my 7-year-old daughter is. On days when she is a little wired (like today), teaching her is a unique experience. Observe the following real conversations in our house this morning:

Drama Queen, proudly: Mommy I spelled purple-itioner!

When I looked at the dry erase board, it said "perpendicular."


10 year-old-daughter: Mommy, how many bones are in your foot? [I taught the kids' homeschool co-op human anatomy class in the fall.]

Me: I don't remember, honey; there are several.

Drama Queen: Your bladder!

Me: She asked how many bones are in your foot.

Drama Queen: Oh--I thought she said butt! Your bladder looks like a strawberry.

This conversation was wrong on so many levels I can't even begin to analyze it.



Anxious to finish schooling and get out into the fresh morning air, Drama Queen ran into the kitchen where I was teaching her brother.

Drama Queen: I finished phonics on the computer! I typed those letters and then the spaces and then the letters and then the spaces and then the letters.

Me: You mean sentences?

Drama Queen: Yeah--sentences!

Labels: ,



11 Comments:

Blogger Donnetta said...

I so enjoy reading things like these. It makes the conversations I have with my children seem more "normal" in some odd way. ;-)

Blogger Amber said...

Thanks for the laugh today. I LOVE hearing these stories.

Blogger Code Yellow Mom said...

HA! Especially love the anatomy discussion. :)

After a long labor and poor abdominal muscles, my bladder looks more like a watermelon.

Blogger Donna Boucher said...

DQ sounds hilarious!!!

You have a very cute lookin' blog :o)

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It's how I make friends, too :o)

Blogger Mrs. Guthrie said...

Came over from TWDM. So glad I did, got a GREAT laugh, esp from the anatomy comment! :)

Blogger leigh said...

That is too funny. I've had lots of conversations like that. I can also 'hear' those little voices when I read this stuff.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kids say the cutest things! I think it is good to write them down, many memories in those few words!
i liked the word space word spac best!! How cute!

Blogger Super Happy Girl said...

Your bladder looks like a strawberry. HAHA, oh that was great.

She sounds like my 15 yeard old. He says things like that all the time.

Blogger Nan said...

That is hilarious! Hey, I'm tagging you for a meme (you know... in all that spare time you have!) ;^P

Blogger Trina said...

dawn-
That is too funny. I love hearing the day to day stuff from all of you.

Post a Comment

Home