About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Welcome to my bloggy tour of homes, y'all!
Well, today is the day for BooMama's Bloggy Tour of Homes! Welcome!


Come into our home in the heart of the Deep South. We've been expecting you! The question of the day has been, "What is that pink spot by our front door?" Tinkerbell?







Here is our kitchen. Some major activity takes place here, feeding the 9 of us living at home (our oldest is in college).

This is our family room. I spend a lot of time saying, "Turn off that TV and go outside!" We finally found a couch that would work for all of us, and even has a hide-a-bed for company. What a blessing!





This is what we call our school room; it is actually a formal living room in disguise. This is one of my favorite rooms in the house. I love to sit on the settee and read or feed the baby. I picked up the table on the left at BJ's about a month ago. This has become a real hot spot. There is always someone sitting there reading, coloring, or drawing. My 9 year old daughter likes to set up our Singer Featherweight there and sew. My desk and computer are also in this room. It is just a great spot!
This is our dining room. I've poured you a glass of sweet tea, "the house wine of the South."









Last, but not least, here's my desk and computer, where "the BLOGGY magic happens," as BooMama says. Please note the dog lying on her rug under the desk, just as she is now. I am currently spending a lot of time here, learning blog template design. With a family of 10, it would be so helpful if I could bring in some extra income from home. If you like what you see on this site and are interested in throwing some ideas at me for designing a new blog template for you, just let me know! I would like to thank BooMama for putting the idea in my head in the first place, with her post on template design. I've kind of taken it and run with it! Currently, my only experience is with Blogger/Blogspot.

Labels: ,



23 Comments:

Blogger Chellie said...

I just love your front door and kitchen... awesome!

Blogger Mama Duck said...

Beautiful, I love that green color too!!

Blogger TJ said...

Oh ah just luv that you are servin' sweet tea!!!
Thanks evah so much for the tour sweetie...I'm going to mark you on my bloglines cause I think I will really enjoy visiting with you in the future!!
:-D

Blogger Susie said...

I love you blog design and your home. I've bookmarked your site to come back if I ever get the nerve to do a makeover of my site!
(no sweet tea though, thanks!)

Blogger Chilihead2 said...

You have a gorgeous home. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We do have the best sweet tea here in the South! Love your home & it is so organized, I'm jealous! Our best friends homeschooled; that's so great that you love it. Thanks for sharing!

Blogger sarahgrace said...

Your home is lovely! I love all the dark wood in your kitchen and your furniture! Thanks for stopping by my place!

Lovely home. Really warm and cozy! Thanks for the tour!!

Blogger Dawn said...

Thanks for stopping by - you have a very comfy looking space there! I'd love to visit with you, but hold the sugar, please. I never did get used to sweet tea all my years in Arkansas!

Come back again!

Blogger Dawn said...

I forgot to comment on the name in common - there aren't too many of us around! Do people pronounce it wrong and think it's a boy's name? My most frustrating thing about my name.

You are a saint in my book - 8 kids and home schooling. Bless you!!

Blogger Grafted Branch said...

I had to come over to anyone who would call herself "Mommy Dearest!" Too funny! And then to find out you're a homeschooler too? Wow! Great. I look forward to browsing through your archives.

8 children and so much order to such a lovely home. I enjoyed the tour.

The Lord bless...

Blogger Barb said...

I love your blue front door. And your kitchen - all that counter space? Oh my. And what IS that pink spot? Thanks for letting me drop in.

Blogger Carole Burant said...

Thanks so much for sharing your home with us...it's so warm and inviting!! Your furniture is gorgeous and I love the way you've placed everything. Lovely!! Oh, and thanks for the sweet tea..yummy!! :-)

Blogger Cheri said...

I had to come check out your tour today, since you left me such a nice message on mine! Your house is beautiful- I love the color on the wall by your computer- very relaxing! I am so relieved that the words on my girls wall actually translates into what it's supposed to! We were using the internet to find the translation and it was the big joke that it probably said something completely different than what I wanted it to!!!
Thanks for the confirmation!
Cheri

Blogger Carol said...

Your home seems to be filled with warmth and love. Thank you for the peek inside!

Blogger rena said...

You have a very nice home. Your kitchen is gorgeous, love the dark cabinets. Thanks for letting me visit.

Blogger Kate said...

I love the school room! We used our dining room as a schhol room too! Your house is so cozy (and clean) for a family of 10!

Blogger Tammy said...

I'm late visiting all of the homes...yours is lovely! All of your rooms are beautiful!
So many are serving sweet tea....yum! :)

Blessings,
~Tammy

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invite!
The tea was delightful!! :o)

Your desk is beautiful!!

Blessings!!

Blogger Tori Leslie said...

You have a very sweet home, thanks for the invite to look around. Oh yea and I love the theme of your blog!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your home....the windows are so pretty and your school room looks so neat.

Blogger Brenda said...

You have a lovely home! I also like your blog. I'm adding you to my bloglines.

Your home is lovely! I like that big kitchen! Thanks for the tour!

Post a Comment

Home