About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

The Name of Your Game

Barb asked the question of how other blogs got their names. Hers is a very interesting story - I wasn't even familiar with the song, so I hadn't "gotten it." My story is quite boring in comparison, but I just wanted to play...

I started my first blog on Homeschool Blogger, but I didn't know what to say, didn't know anyone who blogged, basically I just didn't get it. Period. It sat there all alone for months. When I was looking around Homeschool Blogger, I saw another blog called Home Sweet Home and I really liked it; it just seemed to fit. I homeschool, have a house full of kids, I'm all about home. Also, I was so un-blogging savvy that I didn't know how important and unique a name could be. It's probably a miracle my site isn't named after gummy bears, something like "Amazin' Fruit!" So now I've confessed my horrible crime: I stole my blog's name from some other poor innocent blogger. Maybe I can start another site and get to use blogger beta, like Brenda; she was invited and I wasn't (can you tell I'm sulking?).

Y'all go visit Barb. She has a way of telling a story that makes me feel like a teenager again. It is also amazingly cool that her whole family blogs. Check out "Just Us Girls" on her sidebar!

Labels: , ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

I love the name of your blog, even if you did "borrow" it from someone else. It fits you, I think.

Next time you log in to your blogger dashboard, look to the right and see if there's an option to learn more about blogger beta. If there is, then you should be able to go ahead and sign up.

You have to get a google user name unless you already have a google account or gmail. Gmail is by invitation only, but you can use your own email address to sign up for a google account.

Because my google account name is different from my blogger account name, blogger seems to get confused about my identity when I try to post comments. I assume that's the reason I have to log in 2 or 3 times to post a comment. That is the only issue I have so far.

Blogger Barb said...

Every time I pull your blog up, I just sigh, it's so pretty. And I like Home Sweet Home LOTS better than Amazin' Fruit!

With 8 homeschooled children, your blogname is perfect. And thank you for clearing up that coat hanger thing. :-)

Brenda's right - if you see that option to learn more about beta when you log into blogger, you've been invited.

I'm waiting. I've been assured by my web designer that it won't mess anything up but honestly? I'm not in the mood right now to risk having to figure anything new out. Just want things to flow along until I'm feeling real perky.

Blogger Code Yellow Mom said...

Thanks for stopping into my blog! I especially love that you have eight children - I only have two of my own so far, but I am the oldest of seven children. (The youngest brother is nine, so my mom is momming and grandmothering at the same time!) Large families have such a great dynamic.

Home Sweet Home is a terrific blog name. I think it's funny that you stole it. Your blog design makes it feel like Home Sweet Home...I'll be back!

Post a Comment

Home