About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Child Psychology 101
I have been using the following bit of reverse psychology on my kids the past few months. I thought I would share in case you want to try!

Here is a fictitious sample conversation:

Child: Could we have ice cream for lunch?

Mom: No, we don't eat ice cream for lunch.

Child: But Dad says we can have ice cream for lunch!

Mom, looking stern and disapproving: I am tired of you bad-mouthing your dad like that!

At this point, I get blank, baffled stares; for one thing, they're trying to figure out when they were bad-mouthing their dad in the first place. So far, it has worked like a charm and no one has had the nerve to say, "But Mom, we were bad-mouthing you!"

Try this one on your kids and let me know if it works for you, too! Posted by Picasa


1 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

Brilliant. Sheer brilliance.

Post a Comment

Home