About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

A Cheerful Giver
I am amazed and excited by the response to the fundraiser for Kelli - $9160! WOW! I told the kids all about it on the way to church last Sunday: Kelli's background, condition, and the need for money for COBRA payments. When Tuesday morning rolled around, I asked the kids if any wanted to contribute. I thought it would be wonderful if they wanted to help, but this is not the sort of thing I would force.

My kids do helpful things for my retired neighbors - like sweep the steps, clean house, yard work, etc. - and they give them money which they keep for them in individual coffee cans. Two kids gave me $5 each and one gave $4. One handed me $28 and told me that he wanted to order an $8 CD from Amazon for his friend's birthday, and to send the rest. I was completely blown away. I hugged him with tears in my eyes and told him how proud I was of him and how generous he was. Do you know what he said? "It's only money."

It made me ashamed for every time I am faced with a situation to give, and I think, "When is the house payment due?" or "How much is the gas bill this month?" or something else along those lines. It's not easy to give when we get bogged down by worldly considerations. I pray to have my faith restored and not forget God's promise:

Matthew 6: 31-33:
Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.


These pictures have nothing to do with the post; I just wanted to share.




Here is Miss Lily in my supper cool sweet awesome bathtub!

Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,



5 Comments:

that is such so wonderful of your kids! so beautiful!

and the pics are wonderful too :)

Blogger Crew Mom said...

This post made my morning!!! I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, worried about the million things I need to get done today...thanks for making me stop and smell the roses! Was it Hayden or Christian who did that??

Blogger Doris said...

Reading about your kids' charitable hearts brought tears to my eyes. :) Indeed, it IS only money. I hope I take heed.

Hey-
I needed that verse today. I have been really worried about some issues. We are trying to sell a house, living in a rental, and planning the right time to buy. Not knowing when we will sell our other house is really getting too me. I had an anxiety attack over it yesterday.
Thanks for the verse!!! You brightened my morning.

Blogger Barb said...

Doesn't it make you proud of them? How wonderful that already, at such a young age, your children know the value of giving. The thing I detest so much about money being so tight right now is that I can't give as much as I'd like to, but this is a reminder that no matter how little we have, we always have more than someone less fortunate.

Love the photos. And I LOVE the tub!

Post a Comment

Home