About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

About My Design
Voting began yesterday for the Homeschool Blog Awards, and some of you may be visiting here while checking out the nominees. This little corner of the blogosphere, My Home Sweet Home, was nominated for Best Blog Design.

Last summer I read a post describing how to fiddle with your template and add a custom header; I was hooked. In September I purchased two books - one on Photoshop and one on Dreamweaver - and began learning and experimenting in earnest. This is my fifth template and represents an effort to create a non-seasonal, long-term design. I think my "diary girl" represents me fairly well: the same flippy hair-do (although hers is much nicer than mine); the blue eyes (I changed hers from brown based on a friend's recommendation). She's even got St. Basil's Cathedral in one of her pictures, which is appropriate since I was a Russian major in college!

Now for a little shameless self-promotion:
To vote for this blog in the Best Blog Design category, visit this page and click the circle next to My Home Sweet Home (bottom half of the list) then be sure to hit the "Vote" button at the bottom of the list or your selection won't count. For voting in all categories, go here and select each category to see the list of nominees.

Labels: ,



8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I voted for you!

Blogger Code Yellow Mom said...

I am SOOOO impressed that you did your design yourself. Wow. Times ten.

Blogger Trina said...

my vote is in!

Blogger Laura said...

I just love your blog design and think you did an amazing job. You've got my vote :)

Laura

Blogger Super Happy Girl said...

I voted for you! And seems like you have the lead, way to go.
I love all your designs, a vote for your blog is a vote for excellent designs.

Blogger Lisa Hellier said...

I voted for you, Mom Dearest! I love your cute design. And I'm all for another GA girl to win!

Blogger Barb said...

Well, you know I was here when you first started doing this and I've thought you have amazing talent from the beginning. I love this latest design - you'r right - it's a perfect year round design and just right for you.

I just ran over and voted for you. Good grief! So many categories and so many nominations and I don't really read a lot of home school blogs since you know, I don't home school. However, guess what? You're leading in this category by a mile and I think that's great!

You go girl! Good luck!

Post a Comment

Home