About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Here Ya Go, Baby!
I have a 21-month-old daughter, Lily Rose, who has me wrapped around her little finger. Lily has the limited vocabulary of a child her age. For a while she's been saying "here ya go" when she hands me something. Usually what she's handing me is something I wish she didn't have in the first place, like dog food. Or the kitchen towel. Or someone's toothbrush.

Yesterday, she handed me something off the floor and said, "Here ya go, baby." I immediately dropped it, hoping. I only got a "here ya go" the second time, but she said the whole phrase to me again this morning. Just as quiet Westley wooed Buttercup with a simple "As you wish," I am completely and utterly charmed by this simple four-word phrase and the child that speaks it to me.
Posted by Picasa

Labels:



8 Comments:

Blogger leigh said...

How sweet. And what an angelic picture of her!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sweet!

Blogger Amber said...

That is so darling, Dawn. I love it when you share stories of your kiddos. :)

Blogger Lok said...

I can absolutely hear the "hear ya go baby" coming from her. I'm so looking forward to my little one starting to really talk!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so adorable. I know how you feel. My 4-yr old daughter holds my heart strings. My friend Randi from "I have to say" has a link to you. I'm so glad I found you!

See, you got all sweet on me and then you had to quote Princess Bride.

So now I have to say-

"You killed my father. Prepare to die."

I am not psychotic. Just a fan. :>

Blogger Rhonda said...

I'm just visiting your site for the first time. Great site by the way and wonderful read.

God bless.

Blogger Super Happy Girl said...

"who has me wrapped around her little finger", who wouldn't be?
:)
Cuuute!

Post a Comment

Home