About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

*UPDATED* What kind of English do you speak?
I found this link on another blog and thought it looked like an interesting test. I am absolutely horrified to find that I scored 5% Yankee. Must be freshman year of college in New Hampshire that did it to me, although I think I rubbed off more on them than vice versa. My best pal from Rhode Island was saying "y'all" like a true Southerner by the time I left. What's your score?

Your Linguistic Profile:
60% General American English
30% Dixie
5% Yankee
0% Midwestern
0% Upper Midwestern
What Kind of American English Do You Speak?

*Update* - I just saw this one: Are You a Yankee or a Rebel? I am quite please to say that I am 84% Dixie (what happened to that other 16%?).


1 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

I'm anxious to get my results. I've lived in Minnesota, Arkansas, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Colorado. I'm linguistically very mixed up - some Swedish, some Arkie, some Okie, some midwest - Of course Colorado has no accent (??)

Post a Comment

Home