About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

*UPDATED* Treasure Tuesday - Our Singer Featherweight
This is my first Treasure Tuesday. Our Singer Featherweight is a "treasure in the attic" kind of story, except it was a treasure in our basement. I blogged about its discover in June, so I'll just link to that story here. My 9 year old daughter loves sewing with this machine, and it is extra special because it belonged to my late grandmother.

*Update to Post* - To rise to the challenge of my crazy cousin, I wanted to note that it was serendipitous that we "discovered" we owned a little Featherweight! (Do derivatives of serendipity count?)
Posted by Picasa


6 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

THat's so beautiful - and what a great story! Truly a treasure.

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, I wished I had a sewing machine like this and that I knew how to sew. Finding the time to learn is a challenge.

Now, I'm off to read the story behind the sewing machine!

Blogger Barb said...

Wow! I learned to sew on a machine similar to this. This sewing machine is one year younger than me. :-) And I remember watching my aunt sew on one of those machines that operated by working the foot pedal back and forth - nonelectric. What a treasure this is and how wonderful you AND your daughter will actually use it.

Blogger andria said...

That's impressive. I had a brand spanking new sewing machine that lasted me all of 20 minutes. Gone in a flash. I would love one like that.

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Hey, that's neat that you have a home in a neighborhood with nice neighbors. I agree, we have friends in pricier neighborhoods who don't even know their neighbors and I wouldn't trade places for the world! :)

Blogger Lynn Bruce said...

BANANA SPLIT!!!


now, quick, woman! run somewhere and lock the door so you can have the whole thing and the cherries, too!

Post a Comment

Home