About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Common Sense: 1 - iPod: 0
Today my 15-year-old made an amazing revelation: he's realized that iPods and other mp3 players are interfering with his life and that of other kids. A group of his buddies got together for a birthday party this weekend. They are best friends from church, but spread out over a big metro area and don't get to spend as much time together as they would like. Apparently during the course of their time together they wore iPods part of the time, and he finally thought, "Why are we doing this?" He "locked" his iPod yesterday and hasn't used it since. He also realized last night that it interferes with his reading. Hallelujah!

I get so frustrated being in the same vehicle with a child, yelling at the top of my lungs and not being heard. Admittedly, I drive a 15-passenger van so I'm about half a mile from the kids in the back seat, but still... Pull out those headphones and join the real world with the rest of us (or at least our version of the real world)!
Posted by Picasa

Labels:



7 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Oh Mommy you are raising one smart kid there. Be proud ;)

Blogger Kiltak said...

Hey there, thanks for passing by [GAS]!

" I'm probably not your typical reader, but I enjoy your blog!"

Is there such a thing as a typical reader? ;) The [GAS] crowd is pretty diverse..

Hope we'll be seeing more of you! and good luck with your 8 kids.. I I don't know how you find the time to blog, but it's great that you do! Personally, I'm the father of a 2 year old boy, (and of a little girl that will be comming out of her mother's belly in 2 months), working full time, and I have to struggle to keep on blogging daily.

Cheers!

K. [GAS]

Blogger Amber said...

What a great observation! And even greater that he had the self discipline to lock it away temporarily. I'm super impressed! And I have a 15 year old sister who I want to set him up with. :)

Great that he realized it on his own. Very mature young man. :>)

Blogger Shane H. said...

Yeah for your son! Now let's just hope he shares his wisdom with others his age.

Blogger Elle said...

Convicting post when I consider my own computer habits. My own self-discipline could certainly improve. Truth from the mouths of babes. Thanks.

Blogger Hen Jen said...

what great insight your son had!
have to confess, I just got an ipod this week...finally joined the 21st century. Saying that tho, I don't plan to use the headphones unless running, and our kids don't go around with headphones. It would be like missing out on much of life.

good post!

Post a Comment

Home