About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Works-for-Me Wednesday: Strikethrough Text

I've never done this before, but I'm going to post something from the archives. I originally published this in October and it still gets lots of hits from Google searches, so I figure this is something people want to learn how to do. So without further ado...

Strikethrough Text

Do you really like love it when you see that strikethrough text effect, you just don't know how to do it? Now you can! Just enclose the word or words you want to strike through between the following tags:

<strike>like</strike> gives you like
or
<s>like</s> will also give you like

Those brackets are on your keyboard under the letter "L." Just don't forget to include the / on the end tag; that lets your browser know to stop this effect, or else it will just keep striking through everything you write.

To my knowledge, this will not work when leaving comments (I haven't tried it in the new Beta, so who knows?). Have fun, go forth, and strike away!

For more Works-for-Me Wednesday ideas, visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer. Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Mom of thirteen said...

I keep meaning to REMEMBER how to do this and yet my mommy brain keeps forgetting! I'm going to write it down, right now, well, I hope to. lol.

BTW, love the look of your blog. This is my first time here. I have a brood of twelve myself and yes, it is a crazy ride!

blessings,
jerri

Blogger Shane H. said...

Know how and when I learned to do this? From you in October! I'm sure others will benefit this time as well. Thanks.

Blogger Nikki said...

Thank you! I have been wondering how to do this. I'm very slowly learning some other html and am always delighted when it works!

Blogger Tamara said...

Oh my goodness that is so much fun! If you have any other tidbits...ahem...putting things like prayer requests or whatever on the side of your blog...I am so confused as to how to do things like that.

Post a Comment

Home