About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, during which I learn that Monday most certainly was an anomaly
Do you ever have posts which for whatever reason go unpublished? Maybe they were never finished, maybe blogger wouldn't cooperate and upload your pictures and then you forgot to go back and publish later, whatever. I have a handful of those stray drafts floating through my Edit Posts folder, like this one, for instance, which was nothing more than a title. It started as a follow-up to this post, which I was afraid might leave you with the erroneous notion that I really had my act together, whether for real or in my own imagination. It was a halcyon day (now how many good opportunities do you get to use a word like that?), but almost as soon as I hit "Publish" God showed me that while that sort of day was possible, it wasn't probable. The next 24-hours were completely insane.

You know what I noticed? On the day when things were practically-perfect-in-every-way (Mary Poppinsesque, if you will), I didn't pray, "Lord, we're covering a whole lot of math today, but could you help us do a little more?" or "Lord, help me make this fun read-aloud just a little better." I thanked Him, but I didn't feel the need of Him the same way I did the next day, the day when everything that could go wrong did. The day that, as a friend so aptly noted, I was flying by the seat of my pants. And I realized that in a way I sort of like those days, the days when I know He's there lifting me over every hurdle (and believe me, there are plenty at times).

I'll close this with my favorite verse from the hymn "God Moves in a Mysterious Way":
Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take;
The clouds ye so much dread
Are big with mercy and shall break
In blessings on your head.

Labels: ,



9 Comments:

Blogger Randi said...

As much as I like the perfect days, I am aware that the days when I need Him are the better ones!

Blogger Trina said...

I do exactly the same thing. That is one of the many things Brad and I are working on together.

Blogger rachel tsunami said...

dawn, i put this on lynn's blog comments, then i thought you might not read it there. based on your comment, i checked out crooked still and ended up ordering their cds.

>>Mommy Dearest: Crooked Still! Fantastic Stuff! I love they did with Ecstasy and Lone Pilgrim. Woo!

Blogger Lori said...

thank you for posting this, I love the quote at the end. Blessigns.

I think we all do this. We forget how much we need Him until we need Him- a lot like our children. :>)

Thanks for the heads up on the blogroll link. I deleted it until I can get it ironed out. :>)

Blogger Michelle said...

Yes, we are really close! Isn't that funny after all these months of reading your blog I don't think I even thought much about "where" you were...You are right here, on my desk...duh! LOL I suppose is must be like that 7 degrees (or is that 6?) of seperation kind of thing. I covet your prayers for NGCS! Thanks.

Blogger Barb said...

I've had too many days like this to count lately. :-) It doesn't always feel like it, but in my heart I know I'm blessed.

Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

Ahem...needed this

Post a Comment

Home