About Me

Nice Places
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits
Miscellaneous

My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

spaghetti, anyone?
In spite of being sick, I just had to get out and go to church yesterday. We ordained two of my favorite men in the world (from my favorite families) as deacons. They are so special to us that they were both pallbearers at my mother's funeral. I just tried not to get too close to or breathe on anyone. My make-up was lovely; since my cold has moved into both eyes, leaving them glued together in the morning and swollen and red during the day, I was afraid to apply make-up in the usual way, not wanting to contaminate and have to throw away a perfectly good tube of mascara. If there's one thing I learned from my mother it was this: even if you feel like hell, you put yourself together the best you can. Work with what you've got, honey! So I applied eye make-up and mascara with my fingers (you're not going to find make-up tips for this anywhere since no one in their right mind would recommend it), put on my glasses (don't want to have to toss a pair of contacts, either), and thoroughly washed all my make-up brushes. I stayed home sick today, but I'm awfully glad I was there yesterday.

On the way home, my seven-year-old daughter (currently sporting an absence of front teeth) asked me a question I hear quite often, "Mommy, what do you want me to draw?"

I mentally riffled through my usual suggestions, but a girl can only draw so many butterflies, flowers, and babies. My eyes turned to the monstrosity of metal and concrete overhead, and I said, "Spaghetti junction."

Dead silence from the back seat, and then, "Uh..., could I just draw spaghetti?"
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,



11 Comments:

Cute. And I think you should post those make-up techniques for Works For Me Wednesday!

Hope you feel better soon. :>)

And, yes I AM crazy. Thank you. I have been trying to tell y'all...

Blogger Brenda said...

I'm thinking drawing spaghetti junction might be a bit easier than driving it. Then again, I'm still trying to find my way around Athens.

Blogger Randi said...

I love it--work with what you have! Now there is a beauty book that must be written!

Blogger Doris said...

Work with what you have, honey would also be a cute blogsite name.
I hope you're feeling better today!

Blogger Barb said...

But your hair held up beautifully, right? LOL There's no way I'd put makeup on when I had a cold like that. I'd wear dark glasses and call it good.

Funny, funny. So. Did she draw the spaghetti?

Blogger Super Happy Girl said...

Way to go, going out looking your best. You mom is right, just because you are sick doesn't mean you have to look it :)

Hope you feel soon MD!

Blogger Michelle said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Blogger Shane H. said...

Spaghetti Junction is rather beautiful judging from that picture. I've actualy been on it, just never knew that's what it was called. Hope you're feeling better today!

Blogger Mrs. Darling said...

How cute.

Hope you feel better soon.

Blogger Elle said...

Oh MD, sorry to hear that you're sick. If spaghetti junction is in your neck of the woods, then we're near neighbors! Funny post. Feel better soon!

Blogger Lori said...

Very cute. I hope you are feeling better.

Post a Comment

Home